WHAT ADAM SCOTT'S GENESIS INVITATIONAL TITLE VICTORY MEANS
* Scott's two-shot triumph at Riviera Country Club on Sunday gave him a 14th official US PGA Tour title.
* Scott is now equal with Bruce Crampton for the third most wins by an Australian in PGA Tour history behind Greg Norman (20) and Jim Ferrier (18).
* Scott jumps seven places to world No.7, his first stint inside the top 10 since June 2017.
* He ends a winless drought of almost four years on the American circuit stretching back to the World Golf Championships event in Florida in March 2016.
* Scott won in back-to-back starts for the first time since 2016, when he won the Honda Classic and WGC-Cadillac.
* Scott wins $US1.674 million ($A2.49m), taking his career earnings to $US55.2m ($A82.1m) and sixth on the PGA Tour's all-time money list.
* He secures a three-year exemption on the PGA Tour, which is one more than regular events because the event at Riviera was made an invitational.
* Scott secures the third win by an Australian on the PGA Tour in 2020, the quickest the country has recorded three victories in a calendar year.
Great work Scotty. You played very composed Sunday even with the bogey-double bogey at 4 and 5.
Awesome to see how you positioned your game in the earlier rounds still one of the greatest swings going around followed you at the presidents cup last year .